To apply, submit a resume, cover letter and salary requirements in confidence to Christopher Boylan, Harris Rand Lusk Executive Search at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey (PANYNJ), serving the nation’s largest metropolitan area, builds, operates, and maintains some of the country’s most significant important port facilities, airports, bridges, tunnels, and trade infrastructure, as well as the Port Authority Trans Hudson (PATH) rail system, seeks a senior executive with proven labor relations experience to guide its collective bargaining processes and labor relations.
The Chief Negotiator for the overall Port Authority will, in consultation with the Executive Director, Chief, Human Capital, Management & Budget Division, and General Counsel, manage all aspects of labor relations, developing labor strategy and leading negotiations with the Port’s twelve (12) unions (separate and apart from 11 PATH unions). This includes setting objectives, strategies, and tactics to achieve cost effective and competitive labor agreements. S/he will develop and maintain positive business relationships with union representatives, implement training for managers and supervisors to improve the quality of labor-management relations, improve contract administration, and resolve/minimize grievances.
- Bachelor’s Degree Industrial and Labor Relations or a related degree
- Master’s Degree in Industrial and Labor Relations, Labor Relations Management, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Human Resources Management, Social Sciences, Economics, a Law degree, or a related field.
- A minimum of 7-10 years’ of demonstrated success in Labor Relations
- Progressively responsible experience in human resources, employee relations, company/union relations and labor and employment law.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct thorough and factual research, economic analysis and present findings in a concise and persuasive format.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and prioritize projects in time-sensitive situations paying keen attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with internal and external staff at all levels.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a collaborative, team-oriented, environment.
The PANYNJ is an equal opportunity employer and offers a competitive salary and benefits.